One on the biggest challenges of EU is the demographic change and how to face it. During last years, several initiatives as INNOVAge has been launching and implementing age-friendly actions, funds trought INTERREG IVC Program.
The AFE-INNOVNET Webinar was focus on explain what are the current European funding chances to age-friendly stakeholders:
1) The European Innovation Partnership on Active and Healthy Ageing (EIP AHA). Eibhilin Manning, Project Manager at DG SANCO, was in charge to present it. In addition, she also gave and overview of the Program H2020, where active and healthy ageing are highlight milestones.
2) Horizon 2020 and the Joint Programme Initiative `More Years Better Lives´(JPI MYBL). On one hand, Host Krämer (Scientific and Technical Project Officer at DG Connect) presented most important topics related to active and healthy ageing for 2014-2015:
- Health, Demographic Change and Wellbeing
- Europe in a changing world - inclusive, innovative and reflective societies
- LEIT (Leadership in Enabling and Industrial Techonologies)
- Personalising Health and Care 21 (PHC 21-2015), focused on ICT based solutions for early risk detection and intervention (ex. Cognitive impairment, frailty, etc.).
- Personalising health and care 25 (PHC 25 - 2015), focused on advanced ICT systems and services for Integrated Care (ex. Telehealth and telecare).
- Digital Social Platforms (ICT 10-2015), inside the topic "collective awareness platforms for sustainability and social innovations.
- Joint Programme Initiative (JPI MYBL): a strategic initiative to joint member states´reserch programmes related to demographic change.